10.03.2005

Ode to the Beginning of Autumn

-by Jeff Mac

Ah, Autumn. Oh...uh...you. You back-to-schoolie time when we buy pencils. And by "we" I mean other people. Young people, most likely. Or older people who draw things and need that eraser. Ahhh, eraser. Sorry, different ode. Sorry, sorry.

Ah, when your leaves turn...ok, hold on. I'm not going to start sentences with "Ah" anymore. It's just my way of deflecting just how bad an ode this really is. But we all know it's a total shit ode, even among shit odes. I don't even know how many GOOD odes there are. Probably...eleven. Yeah, I'm sure that is the exact number.

Ok, recommencing ode.

Hey, Autumn! Nice rack! I mean "foliage." Fall foliage is nature's rack. And she's looking good. Mother Nature, you total MILF, you. (No MILFs were harmed in the writing of that sentence.)

Ok, time to say something three times. Clever poetry people do that, you know. Ok, uh, here we go.

Autumn dreams, floating in streams of golden orange.
floating in streams
floating in streams
floating in streams

I hope you don't mind, hope you don't mind that I've put down in ode. How wonderful life is, now Autumn's in the...wode.

Ugh.

6 comments:

miss wendy said...

Hey I'm a lawyer acting on behalf of Winnie the Pooh and you're in big trouble boyo (betta get a lawyer son) for stealing his material! ;-)

Jeff Mac said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Mac said...

Winnie the Pooh said, "Hey Mother Nature, nice rack?"

Seriously though, I'm not very familiar with the ol' Pooh. I'm not sure I ever read it. What did I steal?

miss wendy said...

I'm joking Jeffrey!.. Pooh always sings song that are super banal and silly and they go something like what you wrote that's all.. I can't find a quote this minute but there's these
... "Control Your Stress:
To seem quite at ease hum tiddly-pom once or twice in a what-shall-we-do kind of way." or
"Personal Thoughts:
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you sometimes find that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out in the open and has other people looking at it".
That's the sort of thing.. I mean and your ode reminded me (in a nice way) of this style... )

Jeff Mac said...

Is that from the Tao of Pooh? Who knew I was so philosophical?

Then again, there is a copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius on the back of my toilet.

sarahfisch said...

I like this ode, Jeff. Muy poeticale.