10.31.2005

In-person Interview, With a Little Something Extra...

First of all, I would like to thank all of you who put suggestions for me in the comments or e-mailed them to me. I loved all of them. The one that I chose, however, was from Caila who wrote:

"Jeff, put a couple jellybeans in your buttcrack. or just right into your butt."

This idea was just the kind of thing I was looking for. Something that would be completely unnoticeable to my interviewers, but that would most certainly lose me the job if they knew. I was basically looking for something where I could use the phrase "none the wiser."

Well, the sad part is that I forgot to buy jellybeans and I woke up too late this morning to go and get them. So instead, I went to my corporate-ish job interview looking quite professional, wearing my dark olive shirt with a deep red tie, dress pants and my one pair of church shoes*.

Oh, and a Walgreen's brand multivitamin up my ass.

I think I may have gotten the job.

I chose a multivitamin because I figured that it couldn't harm me (although the bottle does recommend taking it with a full glass of water, which I just didn't have time to engineer in this situation.) And on the plus side, who knows? Maybe during the interview I would receive a jolt of vitamin C**!

It wasn't noticeable (to me, I mean -- I'm SURE it wasn't noticeable to them) but every once in a while I would remember it was there and suddenly whatever he was telling me about Medicaid reporting issues would become very, very amusing.

I like to believe that they were thinking, "Boy, what a happy guy. He really seems to like computer programming. It seems that he is so interested in our company, he could just laugh!"

This was all for you, my bloggees. I struck a blow for silliness in the face of big business (and possibly colon health) at the same time in your name. You're welcome.

*I don't go to church or anything, but that's my point of reference for dressy, uncomfortable shoes.
**Couldn't tell if this happened to me or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of both of us--I mean it.
So what is my prize for winning the contest? Don't offer me the vitamin, please. I have vitamins of my own.

Amy Pacheco said...

i heart you jeff mac. purely for the fact that you were silly enough to do this. and you look so...normal.