10.04.2005

Friendster...now?

Ok, I just joined. Like, now. I also just recognized Alaska and Hawaii as states. Next week, I am going to start listening to something called "jazz" which seems to be very popular among the hopheads and negroes.

It's not my fault. I was perfectly content to live my life without a friend(ster) in the world. But somebody asked me to be their Friendster. I wouldn't want to be unfriendlyster. Or unfriendsterly. The point is, I wouldn't want to be a douche. Sometimes you can't help it -- sometimes you're just a douche. That's life. (Apologies for obviously cribbing that douche line from Anna Karenina. Boy, what a douche Tolstoy was. Well, that's what I heard.)

Now that I think of it, I wish that there was a website called "douchester." I would join that in a heartbeat. But then it would probably get cool and I'd have to wait 3 or 4 years for it to dork down again. And then I could rejoin.

There you go. TotalUnbelievableDorkSter. I could get behind that. Or SteamingTurdSter? I think I'd only be genuinely excited to join "Foodster" because I mostly just enjoy eating. And I wouldn't even join that. I'd just keep eating, you know, sort of freelance.

Maybe I'll start a website called LonerSter, and you just don't sign up. I think I might enjoy that.

No comments: