11.02.2005

No Word Yet

I haven't heard anything yet from the job interviewer-type people (see below). I really hope I did the right thing by putting a vitamin up my ass. I know, I know, everyone hopes that. But it's not just a cliche for me this time. I really mean it.

I've read things that indicate you can get too much of certain vitamins. I might not have even read that -- I might have just half heard it and IMAGINED that I read it. Which is way worse. Maybe I got too much B12 and gave myself a goiter. Or a thyroid. Those can kill. Or at least hurt your feelings. No, like, bad.

The only moment in the interview when I may have choked was when he asked if the job sounded like it was something that I would be interested in. And I know I blinked. I had not prepared to feign interest while I was talking. Had we been playing poker, that would have been a class A "tell." The elk-in-the-headlights* look must have said, "Oh god, I've never been interested in ANY job, sir. I just need money for food."

I don't know if I'm even going to take this job. Like those magnificent bastards over at Cheap Trick, I just want them to want me.


*I don't like that it's always deer. So passe. I bet there are plenty of other dumb animals that watch with interest as you crash into them.

No comments: