8.26.2005

Size Matters.

I saw the apartment that I posted about yesterday. Yeah. Yeah that's pretty small. Ain't no WAY that's 300 square feet. Maybe they meant cubic feet. It is slightly larger than the human skull.

Some features:
  • Loft area for a bed. Could have been great. However, there is only room for a twin bed up there, and I just don't like the sexual pessimism in that. Sort of the opposite of the "If you build it, they will come" mentality.
  • Lots of Storage Space: Again, in many apartments, this could be a real bonus. However, there are some things that I'm going to need to have un-stored out in the actual living space itself. Such as a bed. Or my legs and arms, say.
  • Brand New Appliances: Always a treat, however the "kitchen" in which they have been wedged is dwarfed by each burner on the 4 burner stove. I was doing some quick math, and as near as I can tell the owner must have installed the stove and THEN built the apartment around it.
  • Private Basement: More storage! Great if you own a lot of things that you don't ever touch, and NOTHING that you ever need to actually use. And if you sleep like a bat hanging from a pole.

I'm telling you, the price is so right and the block is so nice I'm still considering it. If only for the material.

I think this could be a great apartment if you were just starting out and you were celibate and by gosh you intended to stay that way. And if you were only a torso. Or just a head in a jar. Or a really independent toddler.

GOD I wish I was 20" tall. This place would be ideal. With the loft, it would feel like a duplex. Ah well. Back to craigslist.

No comments: