8.18.2005

Dear couple from Minnesota whose stuff I just carried into your 4th floor walkup,

Hello? Remember me? I'm one of the 2 guys you hired to carry your stuff up to your lovely new apartment. You know, the one with the rent that is so cheap that, even though you were extraordinarily nice, very nice, maybe TOO nice, I sort of wished you were dead? Yeah! That's the one!

Couple of quick things.

First, and this is more of a question - What good is that dresser going to do you in your apartment that I might not do on the ground floor in the hallway, say?

Secondly, if and when you decide to move out, rather than move all that stuff again, just go ahead and burn that building down. I promise, it's not as hard as it looks. Trust me on this. You'll thank me later.

Actually, you were both lovely people. And your belongings, while heavy, were not insanely so. I'm just not wild about manual labor. I think it's because you have to do so much of it by hand.

Sincerely,

too tired to type my name, but not too tired to type this much longer phrase.

1 comment:

LORMO said...

Can I hire you? I'm moving out of a second story into a first floor.

I'm from MN too, but don't hold that against me.