8.19.2005

How to become wealthy in 300 very difficult steps!

I was in the bookstore looking at the "so, you're completely broke" books, and I came across one called, "Start Late, Finish Rich." Sounded good so far. I've got half of that covered before even buying the thing. In fact, I'll start saving my money by not paying for that book! It really works!

On the back cover, it was saying that you might think that you are the only one who hasn't been planning for the future, but did you know that the person on your left probably has $8,000 in credit card debt, and the person on your right probably has less than $1,000 in their savings account??

It was at this point that I realized that this book might not be for me. I mean, when their negative examples of how bad it can get are essentially my financial heroes, maybe I start with smaller steps.

I think my first goal will be this: When I go to the ATM and it asks if I would like a receipt, I would like for my reaction to be something other than, "Jesus Christ, NO!" And then I'll go from there.

1 comment:

AFM said...

hahahaaa I long to have a savings account of 1000 or less.