4.02.2005

No April Fools!

You'll notice that I allowed April 1st to come and go without incident. There were no phony posts, no hoaxes, nothing of the kind. Know why? Because I have no respect for practical jokes.

As jokes, they don't exactly bury the "funny" needle. And frankly, they are just not that practical.

Here's my impression of a practical joke.

Man 1 goes to put on his shoes, only to find that his idiot friend, Man 2, has poured cold carrot ginger soup into them.

Man 2:
Ha ha! You totally fell for my practical
joke! You're such an asshole!

Man 1:
Yeah, you're right. I can't believe I wasn't able to foresee soup in my shoes. I really am an asshole. And so are you!

Man 2: I sure am!

Man 1:
I don't really even like you right now!

Man 2:
Nope! I barely like myself!

Man 1:
Ok, I'll see you later. I've got to spend valuable hours out of my lifespan that I will never regain, trying to figure out some retarded way to get you back for this!

The only practical joke I might enjoy would be one that accidentally killed both parties, but that gave each of them 3 minutes or so of total awareness of what it was that killed them. That, I might really like.

3 comments:

LORMO said...

Um, are you saying you'd like to die as the result of a practical joke?

Because I know some people.

Anonymous said...

I take issue with the whole use of the term practical. When Mom asks for something practical for her birthday, I'm pretty sure she's not asking for soup in her shoes. Maybe the word practical is an indication of the level of humor that can be had from these jokes. "Hey check this out its practically funny and more than a little pathetic."

LORMO said...

I don't really know anyone.