4.08.2005

America's Next Top Model Recap

This week was not a particularly eventful week on my favorite reality-based television. But there were a couple of breakthrough moments that impressed me, if only by filling the stat sheet in an interesting way. Here goes:

Crying (sad): FIVE - This was, I believe, the calm before the storm. Pretty soon, we get to the point in the season where every single one of these girls cries every week. And then, my life begins.

Crying (happy): ONE - No good, but again, calm before the storm. We're still weeding out the girls who know they've had it coming. Soon enough, no one will be safe, any judging ceremony that you pass, you cry. It's just that simple.

Pretentious Name for a Makeup Artist: ONE - The person's name was "Q". Just the letter Q. Yay.

Pixellated Buttcracks: THREE - Fantastic and surprising stat, and it didn't even include when one girl got hammered and smacked her ass up against the windows of the van. Twice.

Random Hosing Down of Models: TEN - Their challenge was to model while being sprayed with water and hurricane-force wind. Tough stuff, people.

Quote of the Week: WE HAVE A TIE!!!
  • Janice Dickinson, the most frightening model alive: "They're all fat. The entire room is fat. I'm fat."
  • A photographer saying that a model was too boring, not edgy enough. "Rebecca…is safe sex." Yeah, that's what I thought when I was watching, that she was as boring as not getting an STD.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Week: A whole lot of stuff. Including:

  • The models attempting to learn a cockney accent. The horror. The horror.
  • The Acting Class episode! (aka Cry-Me-A-River Day)
  • Tyra screams "Be Quiet" to one of the girls during the judging ceremony. And on that note, I think I just peed a little.

4 comments:

chartreuse velour said...

god damn it! i keep forgetting to watch the show! i missed the one where they had to do stand up comedy. was it this last one? where's the recap of that one? damn damn damn.

Jeff Mac said...

First of all, Time Warner Cable has a DVR (like a Tivo.) Get it NOW. You will never have to remember anything ever again.

Secondly, there was an episode where they had to do stand up??!!! I've only done 2 or 3 recaps of this season, but I've seen them all, and I didn't see THAT. Oh please, please let it be true.

Tanya O'Debra said...

I thought that was "The Starlet". I didn't see it either, though.

Jeff, your picture is hilarious.

AFM said...

I can not believe how excited I am to see tyra banks loose it. Wasn't she the super model slapping people on an airplane or sumthin?

Whatevs...all I know is I wish I was tall enough, thin enough and young enough to apply. They learn so many amazing life lessons!

Actually though I really did want to do that damn rain/wind photoshoot. Looked fun for some reason.