4.18.2005

Let's All Relax About the Abandoned Refrigerator Doors

Yeah, I said it. I know we've heard that an abandoned fridge is a deathtrap for kids who might get inside. I'm here to tell you that I'm over it. Oh yes, he did!

If I ever accidentally have enough money to have a refrigerator, and then even MORE money to buy yet ANOTHER one, making the first one superfluous, I'm just putting it out on the curb. As is. Here's why:

  1. If a fridge was so hard to open that someone can't escape it even in their death throes, well, how the hell was its previous owner able to get their pickles and sauerkraut and such so easily? I smell a conspiracy. Ok, maybe not. But still...
  2. If your child is too weak to get out of the fridge, and too dumb to stay out of the fridge, I don't feel like he or she would have made a very good adult anyway.

In short, I don't have children, but if I have to sacrifice a couple of yours to make a point, I'm willing to do so. That's called, "making the tough decisions." Look it up.

**Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, there are no situations in which it is OK to utter the phrase, "Don't worry, baby. It was only statutory." It's almost always considered bad form.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are far too many humans as is.

Over and out.

10 4.

Jeff Mac said...

Roger that, Good Buddy. Go ahead, I dare you. Roger it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'll Roger that until you can't see straight.