3.01.2005

Now it's just the Bahamas, what's next??

I saw an ad in the Subway for the Bahamas. Well, it was less of an ad and more of a "punishment" due to my total lack of financial ability to actual GO to the Bahamas. But I can't blame the Bahamas for that. Lord knows I've tried.

Anyway, the main ad had the tagline, "Find yourself on our 700 islands." (And not for nothing, but for an obsessive-compulsive person such as myself, telling me that you have 700 places for me to visit just stresses me out.)

Anyway again (how many digressions, oh lord?), there was a piece of graffiti on the ad. A graffitus, if you will. Someone had written in an extra zero, so instead of 700, it said 7,000.

I guess that someone is trying to bring down the Bahamaian economy by sending New Yorkers down there with inflated expectations of the number of islands they can visit.

"Hey, there aren't 7,000 islands here. What a gyp! Come on, honey. Let's go over to the U.S. Virgin Islands, where at least they tell you how many of them there really are."

Boy, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of THAT critique. Graffitist, I bow to you. Please don't take, say, my driver's license and make my weight appear to be ten times what it actually is. If I'm ever pulled over, I'll surely be questioned on that. And perhaps prosecuted (or at least directed to a weigh station, or tariffed or something.)

No comments: