3.05.2005

Martha is home...

Ok, maybe I'm just not getting it. First of all, I'm sure her jail cell was a lot more roomy than most New York City apartments. But now she's at home. How is confining Martha Stewart to her estate for 5 months considered "punishment"?

I just think we need to revisit our concept of justice if the worst penalty we can come up with is to sentence someone to 5 months of confinement in a place that is way better than most of us will ever even SEE, let alone live in.

And besides, I barely ever leave my apartment. Where's my parade? Let her be confined to MY apartment for 5 months, see how she likes it. Actually, that doesn't sound too bad either. I mean, do they have to feed you, too? Come to think of it, that sounds fucking awesome. I would love it if I didn't have to leave here.

All right, then. A life of crime it is.

1 comment:

LORMO said...

You are so right Jeff!

What they call "house arrest" I call the best vacation of a lifetime!

Please let ME serve Martha's term! PLEASE!