7.22.2005

A.T.F. the movie! (as told by someone who wasn't really watching)

So, I sort of watched a movie called "A.T.F." starring...uh...'Judging' Amy Brennemannnanemen. That's as close as I'm likely to get on that name. Not because it's a tough name to spell. I'm just not that interested in spelling it.

Not unlike how not-that-interested I was in watching the movie. I don't know why I even had it on, but I have to recommend a detached style of viewing for this film. I saw about 40 seconds of it every 15 minutes or so as I did various things around the apartment. From my viewpoint, it went like this.

Hey, that's Amy Branamananamanaaan! She's cute. She's got a gun. Goin' into the Branch Davidians thing at Waco. Her buddy got shot up pretty bad. She's sad.
...

Somebody's yelling at her in court. She's doing the big-girl-not-gonna-cry crying. Ohhh, I think she's remembering something sad and sort of keeping her chin up in the process

...

Is that Judith Light? No, it's Christine Lahti? Nope. I don't even know who Christine Lahti is when it's HER, let alone when it's THIS lady. Who is that lady? I don't know but her weird dog with the totally white eyeball just sniffed her car, and she got scared. Of bombs, near as I can tell

...

Hey, Amy B. is makin' out with some dude. Sad makin' out though -- she was so sad and teary that she had to mash her face up against somebody. I wonder how come she doesn't just eat a lot of ice cream like everybody else? I wonder if one of them is actually going to put the other one's entire head into their mouth?

....

Oh, she's in a bombsquad suit saving a baby from a boobytrapped highchair. Uh, do they just let you do EVERY job in the A.T.F.? Does she work in the cafeteria as well? Don't you have to have specialized training for the different jobs?

...

No, you don't! Cuz now she's undercover! Buying guns from survivalists. Oh, everybody knows she's a cop. No they don't. Yeah they do. The not-Judith-Light-but-close-e-damn-nuff lady wants her pulled out of there. Her ego is writing checks that her body can't cash. And then...


I missed the end. But since it was made for TV, I have a feeling that everything turned out just fine. She got promoted to judge, and was awarded Tyne Daly for Valor in the Face of Something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you spent an entire page on a movie starring Amy "this-is-the-name- that-never-ends", and failed to mention any observations regarding the brilliant acting technique which allows her to slip in and out of roles with chameleon-like ease: was she wearing her hair straight or curly?

Jeff Mac said...

I can't believe I spent 5 seconds even watching the film, but here we are.

To answer your question, it was more curly than straight, but she had a ponytail most of the time. You can't do the "notice-me hairflip" while disarming a boobytrapped highchair. (sigh) If only wishing made it so...