11.14.2005

Darryl Hall Lyme Disease 2005

Ok, I have gotten more than a few Google hits from people using that title as the search criteria. Like, kind of a lot of them. I thought I should give these seekers some information -- you know, just a little something for stopping by. Now, I haven't really done any research. And I don't think that it is funny that Darryl Hall has lyme disease (if he does, which I think he does, and Darryl -- seriously -- sorry.) But I do think that people who would say that it's not funny ARE funny. So here we go.
  • First of all, there is NO truth to the rumor that Darryl contracted Lyme disease from unprotected sex with a deer tick. None whatsoever. He has filed and won several lawsuits to that effect.
  • Also, there is ZERO truth to the rumor that the tick - from which Darryl did NOT contract Lyme disease - was, for a time, seen around town with the gerbil that has NOTHING to do with Richard Gere. None of that is either true or untrue. Get over it. Both of them died eating pop rocks and drinking Coke. Plus, they don't even exist, so that's the end of it.
  • The real truth is that he in fact contracted the disease by receiving a tick transfusion to counteract a congenital deficiency he has. A deficiency of tick...juice. It's medical, ok? You look it up.

Seriously, though. I love Hall & Oates, and lyme disease blows, and I hope he's ok. We're pulling for you, Darryl. Our private eyes (pow) are watching you (pow pow).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, maybe you want to go back and fix that title, then. I don't think you're going to acheive your posited goal by misspelling Darry Hall's first name. Er, Darryl Hall's first name. With that ultimate "l". I think it's rather important. Sorry, it's the editor in me poking out his ugly head, like a prarie dog, or a turtle.

sarahfisch said...

POW POW!!!

Jeff Mac said...

Thanks, LD. Fixed and ready for more errant googlers.