11.04.2005

It Worked.

I start my new job on Monday. Apparently, all of my shenanigans worked perfectly. But then, shenanigans often do.

Now I have to decide how to be secretly subversive on a regular basis while I'm there. I don't think it should all be about my naughty parts as I feel that I've mined that territory a bit already. (Although, I am slightly interested in having a weekly feature on the blog called, "What's-in-my-ass Wednesdays.")

I'm thinking that my riskless risks could take any number of forms. Maybe it could be to say a slightly strange word or phrase to every single person in the office over the course of the day. Like, "Howdy, pardner" or "Cry me a river." Or to take one person in the office and treat them as if they are a serial killer, and get really, really terrified every time they walk by or talk to me. You know, pick the sweetest, most quiet person in the office and shake uncontrollably whenever I speak with them.

Then again, this job is only on a provisional basis until the end of the year. Only after that will they decide to hire me for real. So I'll leave the really weird stuff until I'm more ensconced. For now...

God, I wish I had a superhero unitard that I could wear like Spiderman or Superman did. Just under the clothes so, you know, in case the shit goes down I'm ready. But I would think that they would get really, really overheated in that stuff. So many layers! Ah well, I guess that's the cross they have to bear. That and getting punched by villains. Couple of crosses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with your level of commitment to subversion in the workplace. Without a doubt, it's this very kind of dedication that will take you right to the top. Well done, Jeff Mac.

Amy Pacheco said...

will you have your own desk? if so, you could always use that permanent space to aid in your constant subversion.

for instance, you could keep one entire drawer filled with jumbo paperclips.

or, your computer screensaver could say "Big Brother Is Watching" on it.

also, you could have a file in your file cabinet that says "Things NOT to do."

Just some ideas.

Personally, I think that once you are fully esconced in the job you should give everyone in the office shotglasses from Hooters. you know, as a thanks-for-letting-me-stay gift.

sarahfisch said...

Congratulations, Jeff! Congratulations on acquiring a suck job in this suck, job-requiring world! Now fuck some shit up! Start with the fax machine!