11.08.2005

The Day Job: Day One Post Mortem

Ok, first of all, as I was getting dressed this morning, I looked good with the dress pants and the tie. I mean really good. And it wasn't just about sexual attraction to myself (although I totally wanted me.) But I also hearted me.

When I got there, I was brought to my office, which is only temporary until they can find me a place in the maze of cubicles, or "pubicles" as I like to think of them. In "my" office, I put my feet up on the desk. Just for a second, but I wanted to have that feeling once in my life. Wasn't that great, I have to be honest with you. Not that fun.

It has been a long, long time since I was in an office environment. I was like Tarzan being brought back to civilization after those long years when he was a consultant in the jungle. He never really intended to end up in the jungle in the first place. After acting school, he just came here and...well, it's a long story.

I spent part of the day imagining that I was Clark Kent on a really slow villain day, so I had to pretend to be working. I also imagined that I was in an alien prison that was constructed from the innards of my mind to look, feel, smell, sound exactly like a real office. But it's really all a trap. I spent some of that time thinking things like, "My God, it's just like any office back on Earth. You'll never break me! Do you hear me, you seven headed freaks!! NEVER!!!"

I am gonna go absolutely apeballs in this job.

No comments: