9.01.2005

Where are the killer bees?

Shouldn't they be here by now, terrorizing us? Not that the bees are "terrorist" bees as such. (Although I must admit that I am in favor of putting bees on the no-fly list. I don't care if that seems "racist" or "closed-minded")

I mean, we don't need to brand them terrorists. Isn't it bad enough that there are "killer" bees? Or the lesser known "rapist bees" which are even worse, if you think about it.

They are probably worse even if you don't think about it. So I wouldn't think about it if I were you. It will be so much better for you if you don't. I know I don't. Never do. I'm not even thinking about it as I'm writing about it here. I know that seems impossible, but for me it's no problem. You see, I can write but I never learned to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did we learn nothing from "Free Willie"? "Killer Bees" is an unfortunate nickname for what is actually a very gentle and playful species, and you are simply perpetuating the stereotype.
From now on, please refer to them in terms of their scientific name, "Orca Bees".

Jeff Mac said...

You know, that's a fair point. I apologize to all animals I might have hurt, including the so called "rapist whales."

In the interest of being fair and balanced, I'm guessing that your assessment of orca whales as "playful" is likely not shared by seals.