9.19.2005

Things Jeff Mac Loves About the New Apartment...

Well, it looks like I have internet access a little sooner than expected. The move went remarkably smoothly, and I'm loving the new place. So here is a rundown of some of my favorite things about it:

  1. The Surly Sandwich Place - I was able to get a very nice sandwich while being sneered at by a hipster simultaneously. The dude was listening to music that was so avant garde, I felt like the artist might have been mad at me for something, and this was his/her way of punishing me. And I'm sure that if I had said, "Hey, I love this song!" the hipster would have tossed it into the trash and put on a recording of someone running their fingers down a chalkboard while being stabbed.
  2. The Most Powerful Shower on Earth - The water pressure in this place is so intense it actually hurts. Hurts so good. And the temperature? My last apartment's shower was just above room temperature, which is very nice if you're going for a refreshing polar bear swim on January 1st. In my new place, sometimes I'll just stand in there and scald myself. Why? Because I can.
  3. The Very Cool Bar Where I'm Pretty Sure There Was a Greasefire In the Kitchen, But Nobody Seemed To Mind - It's called "Kili" which, unless there's another meaning I don't know about, was one of the characters in The Hobbit. I'm totally in.
  4. The Delightfully Chatty Super Who Was, as a Boy, a Member of the Hitler Youth. Seriously. - Not much to say about this one. Except that he has a tiny dog named Snoopy that is so mellow I think I'd be holding a mirror up to that thing’s nose right about now.

3 comments:

AFM said...

hey, congrats on apartment...um...I'm heading that way now, did you see any great deals on 2 bedrooms? Where are you? queens?

HELP!!!! I can't remember how to find an apartment all the sudden. I HATE MOVING!!!!

Ok, deep breath, but yeah...and um, yeah, love the blog dude...:D

Jeff Mac said...

Ugh, I don't wish moving on my worst enemy.*

I ended up moving to an apartment in another building that was owned by my last landlord, so all my craigslisting was basically for naught. And no, I didn't see any 2BRs because, well, I'm just the one guy.

*I guess Lex Luther would have to be my worst one.

AFM said...

damnit

I'm really trying to get other people to do this work for me. Thanks for nothing biatch...