5.14.2005

I had a dream...

It wasn't that all men should be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character (although that would be nice as well.) Unfortunately, my dreams are not that linear.

My dream was that I saw a buffalo about the size of a poodle sniffing around what appeared to be the dead body of a young deer with a broken hoof. As I approached, the deer blinked and stood up. It offered its little broken hoof to me as if to ask me why it was in such pain, and couldn't I do something about it? I couldn't. I wasn't a veterinarian in the dream.

The deer was so cute. I want a deer for a pet. Or that little buffalo. Either way. I don't care what my landlord says about pets, I want one. And if it gets too big, I guess I can hunt it. Although, my apartment isn't really big enough to keep it very sporting. Eh, what am I, the deer police? I'm just one man trying to own a pet.

4 comments:

LORMO said...

I believe that to keep deer population down, instead of hunting them, each person should be issued a deer with their driver's license.

Jeff Mac said...

Claude, I am so sorry. I did what I could. Which was nothing, since I don't really know nearly enough about hoof anatomy. I've always said that about myself, and now it's come back to haunt me.

Lori, I'm intrigued. How would this keep the deer population down? Wouldn't it just redistribute the deer population to our apartments?

Wait, that was my whole point. Getting a deer into my apartment. I see it all now. Thanks, dude!

And again, I wouldn't mind a miniature buffalo, either.

miss wendy said...

Hey jeff, I undrstand that one style of dream interpretation is to view each character in the dream as part of oneself.. Then again my counseling class suggest I do stand up comedy so perahps following my ideas as regards the emotional inner workings isn't so smart!

sarahfisch said...

I had a friend with a dog that looked just like a little buffalo. That little buffalo was adorable. Then my friend's mom took the little buffalo on a drive in the country and abandoned him. I think often of the little buffalo. I hope somebody found him. I definitely think you should get one or several.