6.02.2006

Jeff Mac, King of the Desert

Well, tomorrow I am off to sunny Albuquerque, New Mexico for a few days. I'm assuming it will be sunny, anyway. Actually, since I've never seen the desert before, I'm assuming that it will be a cross between a Wile E. Coyote cartoon and the Land of Mordor. And what, pray tell, will I do in the land where Bugs Bunny should have taken that left turn on his way to Pismo Beach? Why, I'm glad I pretended that you asked.
 
Things I hope to accomplish while in the desert:
  1. I resolve to stop, once and for all, starting numbered lists before thinking of at least one (1) item to PUT on such a list. It's really freaks out Standards & Practices, you know? Something about liability or indemnity, I believe.
  2. I will develop standards and/or practices.  
  3. I would like to see either a.) a lizard or b.) a person who is so tan that (s)he has become lizard-like. In either case, I hope to squeal and say, "Oh my god, that is SO COOL! Do they bite?"
  4. Given my lovely alabaster skintone, I would like to avoid erupting into flames from sunburn.
  5. Failing in #3, I will attempt to peel off a single layer of skin from my entire body, so it looks like a husk of my actual self. (i.e. how I am on the inside.)
  6. I'd like to find a cactus that shoots its quills at you upon feeling the vibrations of your footsteps. Unless that was just in a book I read one time. In that case, I would like to find that book and read it in the desert. I bet that'd be almost just as good. (As an example, reading about bioweapons and terrorism is actually WAY more fun than seeing them in person.)

I will try to post from Albu (if they even have computers there.)

3 comments:

miss wendy said...

yeah but.. in reference to the first sentence (after the title).. Why?

Jeff Mac said...

Out there meeting the ladyfriend's family, thanks for asking Miss W! Great time. Very fun people, and the desert really suited me. (Then again, I have always been very fond of drab color schemes.)

miss wendy said...

well that sounds like a good thing. Deserts are lovely (as are desserts) If you ever get 'down under' - We have the second largest desert in the world. The Simpson Desert. If you are not near the coast there's mainly sand or red dirt. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit.