6.08.2006

Dear American Airlines

Hi! Remember me? I'm the guy who flew on your airline twice in 4 days. Remember how you showed the teen mermaid movie, "Aquamarine" both times? Yeah? Me too. I can't get it out of my head. But I bet you're thinking that you have taken the crown for worst aviatial double feature in history, right?
 
Wrong.
 
The year was 1996. The seas were stormy, my friends. I was on a bus, so it didn't really matter how the seas were. The important thing is that you are my friends, and that you understand the ambience situation. The shit was coming down, is all I'm getting at. Actually, I can't remember what the weather was like. But had the weather been in some way tuned into my soon-to-be-movie-viewing experience, well, giant poops would have been flying out of the sky. Face-seeking poops honing in on each and every one of us.
 
See, now I've got nowhere to go. All I was trying to say is that ten years ago I saw Squanto: A Warrior's Tale on a bus, twice in a single weekend. And on a bus, you can't just not buy the headphones like with Aquamarine. You had to hear the whole thing. In space no one can hear you scream, but on a bus no one...well, no one cares, I guess. Maybe it's "On a bus, everyone can smell your B.O."
 
Incidentally, American Airlines, I just wanted to let you know that I got the gist of Aquamarine, even without sound. Basically, 2 girls are in love with a lifeguard who likes the hot, mean girl. Then they find a mermaid who makes out with the lifeguard they love. For some reason, they are happy about this. Everybody cries at some point. Did I miss anything?
 
Please send me a transcript of the film at your earliest convenience. Or just an old, shit-smeared pillowcase since that seems to have been what they were working with when they made the film.
 
I thank you.
 
-mac 

2 comments:

LORMO said...

I wanna make out with a mermaid.

Jeff Mac said...

Amen, sister. Whether it's Darryl Hannah or Bimbo McTeenMovieHooker from 'Aquamarine' I'm totally on board with that.