1.24.2006

In the Bullpen

Well, I was moved from "my" office into my permanent workspace -- a desk with 3 other people in a big room where we all work within 10 feet of each other. It might actually be quieter in here than it was when I was alone if that's possible.
 
The good news is this: there is a window. With real light. From the actual sun! I forgot they had that. I hadn't really noticed it, but my former office would have been exactly as comfortable to me had I been Dracula. Except I'm not sure if the cape might be overkill on the business attire.
 
Now THAT's something I should try: bust the dress code in the other direction. Come to work every day in tails, white gloves, and a top hat. I would argue that, "Hey, if I can use a keyboard and mouse better wearing a tie, just THINK how awesome I'll be in my solid gold cravat!"
 
God I hate working. It goes against everything for which I stand. Isn't this why we fought the American Revolution! Stop making me go to work you limey bastards!*
 
*I don't work with or for any British people, so I guess there goes my theory.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all well and good, but what's in your ass tomorrow?

Jeff Mac said...

I'm saving that sort of information for my memoirs.

Anonymous said...

i think you should go to work in a tux. what could they do...ask you not to?

Jeff Mac said...

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking, Kat! I was wondering how often that had happened. Tux, white gloves, tophat, walking cane, cape. Really get dressed up as if to say, "Hey, if wearing a TIE makes me work in a more professional manner, well check THIS shit out! I'm gonna be the CEO!"

Anonymous said...

I love it!