1.17.2006

Assisted Suicide Legal Again! (In Oregon!)

Well, the Bush administration was handed a stinging defeat (or at least that's what Yahoo told me) when the Supreme Court said that folks in Oregon who wanted to kill themselves could do it.
 
I feel bad for the President. I mean, if he can't force people to stay alive when they don't want to, what is he supposed to do? I guess the only thing left is killing some more of the people who would rather not die at the moment.
 
Apparently it's only fun killing somebody if they don't want to be dead. I think that was an old Gershwin tune...

2 comments:

miss wendy said...

Hey Jeff, Great comment!- the old Holly Near refrane comes to mind "Why do we kill people, who, are killing peole, to show that killing people is wrong"
Although perhps you'd vote for him if he was in charge of those only under 10 years of age? ;-)

Jeff Mac said...

Now, Miss W., that's just cruel. I mean, how could you leave out the 11-14 year olds?