4.26.2006

The End is Near!

...or so said a sign written in magic marker on one of the many carboard boxes that belonged to a homeless man I saw this morning. He had a shopping cart filled with boxes, clothes, a lamp, and a rolly desk chair on top.
 
Suggestion: if the end is truly near, maybe you lighten your load a little. For starters, I know you've been holding out for that secretarial work but I think you can probably let the desk chair go. Hey, even if I'm wrong, most office work is on a, "You do the work, let US worry about the chair," sort of basis.
 
I saw a street lunatic earlier this week. He was having a conversation with a giant pile of blankets. But then he stopped to fix his hair. And I thought, "Way to pick your battles, sir." He senses he's not going to improve his situation all at once. He's got too much stacked against him, what with the homelessness, the total poverty, the hygiene and of course the insanity. But that doesn't mean you can't feel pretty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the rolly desk chair guy was celebrating Administrative Professionals' Day (f/k/a Professional Secretarys' Day). Are you? I'll make sure to send you a thank you note if you send me a pre-fab basket from 1-800-flowers.

Do you feel pretty? Well, do ya, punk?

LORMO said...

You'll feel pretty stupid at the end of the world, sitting in on the flaming ground, while he's relaxing in his office chair, Jeff.

Jeff Mac said...

Lori, I already feel pretty stupid NOW, even before the apocalypse.

And luckydave, yes, as a matter of fact I DO feel pretty!