8.09.2006

Let the selling out begin!

Well, I'm not the napkin. Turns out I was offered the role of the Paper Towel. This is just like all those old Hollywood stories where DeNiro reads for Sonny Corleone, but ultimately ends up playing young Vito.

Except, you know, it's a paper towel.

So if you happen to see a commercial for a grocery store (I'm not going to say the name, just suffice it to say it's just like any grocery story where you might STOP, and then you might do your SHOPping) look for the paper towel complaining about how expensive everything is. That will be me.

Oh, and to you industry types out there? I'm ready to sell out. I'm serious. I wish there were commercials for crack, I'd totally take that gig.

4 comments:

fifipoo07 said...

sell out away man! After all we all have to eat don't we?

Pippa

miss wendy said...

Hey Jeff,
As an art buff {well buff (oon)} just wondering about your process here- did you need to prepare, to get into character and if so how did you do that? w;)

Jeff Mac said...

Thanks to the ladies with what I can only imagine are lovely accents!

And in answer to your question, Miss W., I really just had to wing it. The truth of the matter is that I was not only not the napkin, I wasn't even the paper towel. I was an "as yet unspecified paper product." They didn't know yet. I'll have to just wait and see what I turn out to have been...being...?

Anonymous said...

Once you get a few years experience as a towel or napkin, you might move up to spoons. That's where the real money is.