1.11.2007

I don't mean to brag...

...but I was at an audition yesterday with Tony Roberts. For the same role. Now...people, you might not know me personally. But here's a question. I know it was only our voices that were auditioning for the same thing, but from what you can see in my photo up there, is there a role on the earth for which BOTH Tony Roberts and I might be appropriate?

I am considering changing my intro at standup shows to something like...

"He's been mistaken for Tony Roberts since early 2007, please welcome Jeff Mac!"

-or-

"It's just like listening to certain parts of Annie Hall -- JEFF MAC!!!"

6 comments:

Margaret Dodge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret Dodge said...

You should be ashamed of yourself for knowing it's called a deerslayer cap. Or proud, if you are a really big dork.

Until I got to the "Sherlock Holmes" part, I thought deerslayer must be a metal band.

CCJohn said...

You know, James Fenimore Cooper wrote "The Deerslayer," but I don't know if he wore the hat. I think the book was about Indians. If the book had been about an ape, it would've been much more entertaining. If I owned a hat store, I would employ both an Indian and an ape to demonstrate the hats.

Jeff Mac said...

CCJohn!! You know, you rarely meet a haberdasher with the kind of commitment that you're talking about here.

Oh, and to respond to your other comment, yep, in the radio version, I'm a roll of toilet paper named "Nelson." Seriously.

And Dodger, given the choices you have laid out here, I believe that I shall be proud.

miss wendy said...

Should I know who Tony Roberts is? As a loyal Australian I have been steeped (yup steeped) in American popular culture - was he related to Lucy Arnez? And I do know the Deerslayer - well I know of Sherlock.. the cultural motherland before TV.

Jeff Mac said...

G'day there, Miss W!

Tony Roberts is the guy who was Woody Allen's pal in "Annie Hall" who called him 'Max.' He was also Al Pacino's friend in "Serpico."