12.21.2006

Subway Letter

Dear woman wearing a deerslayer cap on the train,

Hi! You don't know me, but I just wanted to write a quick note to the 2nd most famous person ever to wear a deerslayer cap -- you. The MOST famous wearer of said headgear was, of course, Sherlock Holmes. It was quite a distinctive look, and I used to think that he was the only one who could pull it off. But not anymore, you. Now, there's one more star in the deerslayer cap firmament. And because of this blog post, you are now the second most talked about wearer of that kind of hat. Congratulations!

Sincerely,

-Jeff "Where the hell did you find a deerslayer cap in this or even the last century" Mac

4 comments:

Adam807 said...

Isn't Holden Caulfield the most famous person to wear a deerslayer cap?

Jeff Mac said...

Aw, crap. I'm not sure if Holden Caulfield's wearing that hat actually eclipsed Sherlock Holmes's or not. But either way, I guess that bumps this lady down to number 3. I hope she's ok with that.

CCJohn said...

I know a monkey who wears a deerslayer cap. He's in comic books. I think his name is Detective Monkey, but it might be Sherlock Ape. He solves crimes.

The Gentleman said...

The hat in question is a deer stalker hat. DeerSlayer sounds like the greeting in a letter to your favorite heavy metal band.

Dear Slayer,
I was on the subway today and ran into a girl with a dumb hat. I sacrificed her to Satan.
Amen.

Or maybe it was a hat that would have been warn by Natty Bumpo.