2.28.2007

Cat Crimes!

That is the name of the book that I saw at Barnes & Noble. $4.98. It's a compilation of mysteries that somehow involve cats. I think the subtitle might have been: "Lonely lady -- Hello." Genius marketing concept, though. Combining the vicarious excitement of a crime story with the common housecat -- the accessory of the loveless. Brilliant. If they can somehow cram knitting* in there somewhere, they've hit the 19th century spinster hat trick.

I think the last 20 pages was all recipies for single-serving meals.

*I know that knitting has become a hipster irony thing, but you're not fooling me, hipster ladies, with your, "I'm so sexy, I can do something as grandmotherly as knit, and you STILL want this booty." Whether or not I DO still want it is immaterial. I hereby rescind my desire for that booty retroactively.

6 comments:

CCJohn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CCJohn said...

You better watch it, Chet, cats are smarter all the time, just like autistic children. There are actually many cat-initiated fatalities but they are blamed on wiring or skunks, particularly on Long Island. It would not be to the good if cat potential were more widely known, it might suggest adaption through craft and sullenness, & then how could Hillary be elected? Jeff Mac, you're just not suspicious enough! You trust old ladies and cats!

Jeff Mac said...

CC, you make some good points. I only wish I were able to understand what they are.

Beehive Hairdresser said...

Are you going to write more blog posts? Or, are you still writing "Manslations"?

CCJohn said...

Mr. Mac! Mr. Mac sir. I hope you do come by and read here every so often because I was going to ask if you might be coming by Rev's this Wednesday. The 20th being the day, June the month. Because it's my first time back in 8 months and it'd be great to see you! -- CCJ.

Jeff Mac said...

Mr. CC!!!!

I can't make the 'slam this week, but have fun here in NYC!