2.07.2005

A little extra nerdity...

People, I have seen the future. Even now, as I sit on the A train to Brooklyn, listening to the dulcet tones of the Starland Vocal Band in their classic, "Afternoon Delight", even now, I am hammering out this blog entry for you. I am able to do this through the magic of technology, specifically by using my Pocket PC. It's like a Palm Pilot, but less cool. Oh yeah.

You see, having a blog isn't nerdy enough. No. Not even having a Pocket PC is enough. Not by a long shot. And as I nearly miss my transfer (an unfortunate side effect of a little piece of magic called "She's Gone" brought to me by the very talented Darryl Hall and his moustachioed little friend) it finally comes home to me. Only by combining these two can I truly geek it out to the fullest.

Now, I will just bet that there were those of you out there who were thinking that I was already there, even before this technological miracle. And from all of you, I believe I deserve an apology.

And as a side note, to whomever it is here on the train with me creating that smell, you know what? Good for you. Your scent may not be my personal cup of tea, but that makes it no less of an accomplishment. All greatness is under-appreciated, and so it shall be with you, sir. Or madam. (See that? That's called 'gender equality', people. Look it up sometime.)

Well, I am nearly home and so I will sign off. I have seen the future, people, and it is me. And it is also just shamefully geeky.



No comments: